capulet,

Literary (Submission): One Another

10/16/2015 09:30:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



Familiar
A fresh start, a new beginning
Wandering eyes and nervous breaths
Around me are faces I’ve seen before,
Some I have ever met, and then there’s
Him.

I enter the room with my fingers crossed,
Hoping to see my friends
But in truth, hoping to glimpse,
Wishing to find
Her.

One-Sided
Why is it I fall for those
Who care not at all, for me
I search everywhere just to find
A love that might never be

“Talk to her!” Everyone tells me,
But all I can say is hello
As of now, I am only an acquaintance
Who does not know how far he can go

Opposed
Valentine’s – a day of love
Filled with sweetness and confection-
Was the day I began seeing new colors
And my destiny took a different direction

The sweet scent in the air,
Everyone’s auras have changed their hue
It’s the perfect time to express my feelings!
I hope I hope she has fallen for me, too

I was the happiest I had ever been
And I had forgotten all the pain in the past
I knew in my heart I made the right choice
Someone loved me, at last!

For months I waited
For a miracle to take place
But all I saw was me-
The loneliest person in the human race

Rescued
My heart was shattered into pieces
It became impossible to repair
But some sort of magic seemed to do the trick
The magician… my Juliet, simple and fair

I started seeing her differently
Though she looked the same as ever,
Maybe it was because I once was blind?
Who cares? I’m in love with her!

To let love begin, what would it mean?

But like a fool overwhelmed by emotion
I let love break me down-
The universe had once again beat me at its game
And the pain it inflicted, I allowed

But out of the blue, my Romeo appeared
Each piece of my heart, he collected
Like a valiant prince, he rescued me
And everything since then, unexpected

To love again, what would that mean?

Mutual
As much as I try to suppress these feelings,
In fear that history will repeat,
This love that I’m feeling is too strong to cease
And I’m forced to admit defeat

It’s like history repeating itself,
Only now I’m sure that it’s you
Who has the right answer to my question,
“Would you possibly fall, too?”

Now it is the time for Romeo and Juliet,
Two fates come together
Their journey started out as a mess
But they have now found one another.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: