literary,

Literary (Submission): Rollercoaster

8/21/2014 08:03:00 PM Media Center 1 Comments


Go back to the place where we met
To that quiet bus stop by the oak bench
You noticed the auburn scarf wrapped around my neck
I remember
It was winter
When the bus arrived, we sat beside each other
You were going to a music studio
I was going to a book store
The week after that
I saw you again
This time, you were going to a bakery
And I was going to a CD store
I kept seeing you week after week
Life is a rollercoaster
It has its ups and downs
Eventually we hung out a lot
And we soon dated
Then got married
Bought a house
We didn't have kids
We just didn't want to
We were so happy
We didn't need anything or anyone else
We had each other
But life is a rollercoaster
There are ups and downs
We had bills to pay
And you always had to come home late
That was hard
But we pushed through
There was one time where it just went down
I saw the news on TV
There was an accident on your usual route going home
I called and called but there wasn't any answer
I waited and lost sleep waiting for you to get home
Two days later I get a call from your sister
I dropped my phone in shock
I attended your funeral
I delivered a eulogy
My face was the biggest waterfall at your burial
My handkerchief was doused with tears
It took me three hours to get home
Because I couldn't stop crying
I lay down on our bed
I hugged a pillow instead of you
It has come to me that you're gone
I'll never hear your voice
I'll never see you smile
I'll never be able to hug you
I'll never be able to hold your hand
I'll never be able to sing to your acoustic guitar
Because
Because you're not here anymore
You're gone and I can't change that
Life is a rollercoaster
It has its ups and downs.

You Might Also Like

1 comment: