i promise,

Literary (Submission): I Promise

8/21/2014 08:39:00 PM Media Center 1 Comments

NOTE: The poems in this series were written in English class by Grade 9 students and based on Christopher Marlowe's The Passionate Shepherd to His Love and Sir Walter Raleigh's The Nymph's Reply to the Shepherd.


Nightshade to His Love


Come live with me and be my love
And we will reach for the stars above.
Whatever comes, whatever goes,
I’ll stick with you wherever the wind blows.

And I will be your valiant knight
To shield you from harm, plague, and spite.
Shining armor, I do not own,
But no hurt shall reach your bone.

For you I shall move sky and stone,
Sing melodies of glorious tones.
If these delights thy mind may move
Then always stay, stay my love.

Silver Rose's Reply to Nightshade

If all your promises were true,
Then I will stay and love you.
Will you follow me to the moon and back?
Surely your bravery will not lack.

I feel that you must not endure all these,
Just sit back and enjoy the summer breeze.
But then looks and fancy words don’t matter
As long as we’ll stay with one another.

My heart tells me to say “yes” and “always”
But is this the right way so I wouldn’t go astray?
But then these delights my mind might move
To come with you and be your love.

-----

Silver Rose to Her Love

Come live with me and always say “always”
And we will never have to doubt each other.
After all we’ve been together,
I will not leave you, not ever.

And I will love you
More than Snape loved Lily Potter.
You don’t have to be a knight in shining armor
Be yourself, that is all that matters.

For you I shall make each day memorable,
I swear upon the River Styx.
If these delights thy mind may move
Then even after all that happened, I’ll stay with you until the very end.

Nightshade’s Reply to Silver Rose

If all your promises were forever true,
Then I’d risk it all to be with you.
As Percy and Annabeth braved Tartarus’ depths,
We’ll face the world and all it begets.

I feel that what you have, to me you offer,
I cannot give, I cannot better.
But then again this is not for me,
Yet what you have said fills me with glee.

My heart tells me that your intentions are pure
But to someone else’s ail is your love a cure.
Then these delights my mind might move
To me your love, a just, a prove.

You Might Also Like

1 comment: