battlefield,

Literary (Submission): I Promise

8/08/2014 09:08:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments

NOTE: The poems in this series were written in English class by Grade 9 students and based on Christopher Marlowe's The Passionate Shepherd to His Love and Sir Walter Raleigh's The Nymph's Reply to the Shepherd.


Faber Castell 0.7 to His Love


Come live with me and be my other half
And we will reach the mountain top,
Together we will live and laugh.

And I will offer you all my time and effort,
I will give all the best for you.

For you I shall be loyal,
I shall be your only one.
If these delights thy mind may move
Then answer me, “Yes,”
And be my other half.

Battlefield’s Reply to Faber Castell 0.7

If all your promises were pure
Then I would give my honest answer.

I feel that your love is sincere
And that your love is kind, that’s clear.
But then again, the world is big
Our lives have just begun.

My heart tells me to wait some more
Find ourselves first, just to be sure
Then these delights my mind might move
To answer when we meet again.




-----






Battlefield to Her Love

Come live with me and be my love
And we will catch the stars above
With hearts as free as flying doves
And watch the glorious sunset.

And I will brighten up your day
With every heartfelt word I’ll say
Transcending time with each embrace
Say “Love you” with a smiling face

For you I shall be a better person
Because you are my inspiration
If these delights thy mind may move
Then come with me and take this chance.

Faber Castell 0.7’s Reply to Battlefield

If all your promises were true
Then I will share moments
And be with you

I feel that you’re honest to me
But then you should not fail me
Because I trust in you

My heart tells me that I should follow you
And believe in you
Then these delights my mind might move
To also love you.




Illustrations by Kathlyn Hebron.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: