english,

Literary: Lights, Camera, Action

1/15/2016 09:45:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



The city took on a life of its own
Illuminating the pavements,
Being fresh from the rain
Of a stormy twilight.

Signs and billboards
Were still loud in their hues
Crowds sang in chorus
With monotonous tunes.

Booked bars and hotels
Teemed with empty souls
Who were searching
For a life of their own.

But in the middle of the urban glare
And the tragedy of humans' hearts,
There stood a stranger,
With sheets in her arms.

She graced my focus,
And with a better view,
I found out that she is yearning
For the spark of life, too.

I reached for my Lomo,
To take advantage of the scene,
She smiled and then asked,
"Were you looking for me?"

And that's how I knew:
It was the start of our story
With her taking the role
Of my leading lady.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: