disquietude,

Literary: Lucid

1/12/2015 07:57:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



As I lay down my tired and forgotten soul
I felt temporary serenity on the damp sand
Underneath my heart

I just laid there with my eyes tightly shut
Hearing the waves repeatedly crash to the shore
Remembering how someone repeatedly broke my heart

Right then and there I vowed
Never to love again
For with unrequited love, the heart just gets broken

On a rainy day you came along
And without a word you picked up the pieces
Like fragments of stranded seashells

You’d often send messages in bottles
Making me feel all the beautiful things
I never knew existed

I felt that I’d never get tired
Of writing your name
On every island I get my feet on

With you I learned to wander across the ocean again
And that sometimes it’s okay
To just sink deep into the water

And with your never ending love
I kept on resurfacing
Almost always floating

But darling, you are the sea
And I am just somebody
Pretending to breathe underwater

You Might Also Like

0 comments: