andrew garfield,

Literary (Submission): A Love Letter

4/10/2014 08:42:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments

Dear Allele,

Girls don’t ever catch my attention at all,
I love math, running in the field, and shooting the ball,
But when I met you one magical night,
I can’t take you out of my sight.

All my body organs jumped up and down,
Serotonin rose and I didn’t frown.
I digested that moment with you for a while,
And you immediately scored three points with your smile.

I was paralyzed – couldn’t move at all,
Paraplegia and tetraplegia knocked me off and made me brawl,
Shocked and star struck, I didn’t know who to call,
I need Biology - this will explain it all.

There’s been a sudden shift in the body temperature,
Cold, but the heat inside is a pleasure.
Endothermic reaction and a shiver of a negative feedback,
I need homeostasis so that I would not crack.

You’re so beautiful and pure,
Heart-stopping, I don’t know the cure,
It’s like I’ve closed my aorta and right atrium,
‘Cause you’re already inside, stay there for a millennium.

Maybe this is the reason why I can’t properly breathe,
Every time I see you, my heart skips a beat.
There is no exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide at my alveoli,
I can’t properly respond to stimuli.

You’re the rod that gives me light,
And the cones that produce colors so bright.
You gave meaning to my life,
My neurotransmitters tell me you’ll be my wife.

This little poem I made out of creativity from my cerebellum and cerebrum is dedicated to you, Allele. You’re the bones that support me, the calcium that gives strength, the apple in my pie and the milk in my tea. Morphogenesis will not be completed without you. You’re the reason why I’ve become a better man. You act like an immune system of mine, non-specific defenses to be exact. It’s funny and cute that you’re the natural killer cell that destroys all the negative things about me and the barrier that preclude temptations away. I’ll be true to you and never forget you like a specific defense of immune system. You’ll always be recognized, remembered, and responded to. I will love you for the rest of my life, hear all rants and problem with an incomplete tract of ear, filter the good things and eliminate the bad ones like a kidney and be loyal to you. I’ll never be a continuous feeder that will unremittingly look for other girls. Terminate all my gametes if I’m lying. / by Andrew Garfield

You Might Also Like

0 comments: