english,

Literary: Forlorn

8/06/2012 08:20:00 PM Media Center 2 Comments

He held my hand as we walked down the unfamiliar street, ignoring the world as I enjoyed the warmth entangled in my hands. He suddenly stopped and stared at my questioning eyes, confused by the abrupt halt. Everything was perfect and the weather was fine, but why did I see pain in his eyes?

Next thing I knew, his hand was slowly leaving mine, leaving it cold and empty. I stared back at his beautiful eyes, and I already knew what was coming.

After a few agonizing minutes of silence, he started to talk. But his words were all slurred to me. I looked away in an instant, refusing to absorb his tortuous good-bye. I heard the rustling leaves as he waited for me to speak, looking at me like I was dying on a hospital bed. I swallowed the lump building up in my throat as I tried to compose myself. I opened my mouth but nothing came out, repeating the same thing thrice, looking like a gaping fish in the process. Giving up on talking back, I faked a smile as if nothing had happened and walked away gracefully, leaving him with nothing.

As I walked along the empty pavement, tears fell down my cheeks, tears I’ve been thwarting the whole time he was talking. I plopped down to the ground, hugging my knees trying to keep myself whole and everything in me attached. The agony filled me and my whole body became numb. I never imagined feeling so vulnerable until now.

Everything we’ve been through in that short while and every moment I thought would last were thrown away just like that. He was my first and I gave everything. His eyes told me I meant the world to him. I was the reason for his heart-melting smiles. Then he left unexpectedly and I ended up with nothing. How could he just forget everything we shared together when it was already etched in me?

I wonder how this marvelous boy’s good-bye can hurt me like I was skinned alive.

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. maikli subalit tagos sa puso </3

    ReplyDelete
  2. that last line oh my
    my heart </////////3

    ReplyDelete