english,

Literary (Submission): Bottled Up Sunshine

5/11/2019 08:16:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Somewhere deep inside the cove
Far beyond the treasure trove
Lies my final offering
To you who held my everything

Here lies, and so it says
The letter to which we part ways
Once, upon a time
I felt in ways I found divine

The butterflies flourished and fluttered
Every word was sweetly uttered
And as hastily as you had left
Ever slowly us as one had cleft

On our final minute
I wish to say with much regret
That upon the final note
I shall speak of what I wrote

I said it once, fresh with pain
But this time I swear it’s appertain
Once again my darling,
Oblige me once more before our parting

In truth,
I loved you.
Deeply truly,
Somewhere in me, I still do

The hidden smile I keep from you
Is one known only by a few
It’s tender and bitter
Wrought with an unshed tear

It pains me to say
That even now, I wonder to this very day
You, who were my light,
Had I shone for you past your plight?

But time, it ticks
Far too fast for my foolish tricks
You had gone
And in step, I moved on

And so here lies my final drop of sunshine
For your blithe path far from mine
Hidden in a bottle, deep within the cove
Far beyond the treasure trove

You Might Also Like

0 comments: