english,

Literary: Lost

5/28/2019 08:35:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




It’s been years since my freedom
I’m so lost

I’ve been travelling for so long
I can’t seem to find somewhere where I belong

I’ve climbed the highest of mountains
I've swam through the deepest of oceans
I've dug the darkest of tunnels
I've slept through the coldest of nights
I've been chased by hundreds of monsters
I've seen it all
I've been through it all

But how come I still can't find a place where I belong?
I've spent my whole life looking for something that was impossible to find

Now I’m full of regret
Driven by sorrow, anger
I can’t wait any longer
Please, I want this to be over

But while I was drowning in the darkness
I heard a voice, oh so familiar
Soft as a sunflower
Light as a feather
The voice of my mother saying
“Please come home sooner”

And after all this time
The place where I actually belong
Is back home
With her

You Might Also Like

0 comments: