alex,

Literary: Emily

5/28/2019 09:16:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




March 24, 2007
Today, a young woman with brown hair arrived at the shop. She saw the poster outside the window. The shop was looking for a part-time worker to help watch and clean. He accepted her almost immediately. The manager introduced her to those who crowded around her quickly, which was everyone except me. I stayed rooted in my corner. Her name is Emily. I did not trust this woman, or anyone else, actually. I only trusted my manager since he was the one who took me in.

Emily noticed my corner and asked the manager about me. He said I’m just a little shy but I’ll warm up to her eventually. She called my name but I ignored her. She won’t stay for long.

Just like how they left me.

March 30, 2007
Today, a pregnant woman entered the shop, followed by a man on his phone. She looked around, her eyes scanning for the perfect one. Emily approached the couple, asking for their preferences. They said that they would like someone gentle and child-friendly. Emily suggests Roger and leads them to him. They pass by me and Emily gives me a little pat on my head.

The couple greeted Roger and immediately bonded with him. I guess he’s going to go with them and eventually leave us. I felt sad.

April 18, 2007
Today, Emily walked-in with a mask. She has been coughing and sneezing all day. The manager scolded her for working too hard and told her to go home for the day. She tried to protest but the manager pushes her out the door. She waved us goodbye as she rode her bike home.
It’s just us again.

April 31, 2007

Today is a free and also my favorite day. Every end of the month, Manager and Emily will close the shop and take us all for a walk in the park. We will have a bit of a picnic and play until it’s time to go back. There was a strong scent of grass and flowers everywhere. Many couples were posing for pictures while enjoying each other’s company. We sat down under a large tree to set up the picnic mat. Manager told us to go and play.

After a while, they called us to eat. Emily gave me my favorite snack and patted me in the head. Okay, maybe she isn’t so bad after all.

When the sun was already setting, we went back to the shop.

May 4, 2007
Today, Emily didn’t go to work. She called in sick. Manager told her it was alright but I’m a little worried. I hope she gets better.

May 6, 2007
Today, a mother and her son entered the shop. The boy pointed at me and said he wanted to play. I refused and he pulled on my hair. I started crying and crawling further away from the boy but he kept on shouting at me. Thankfully, Emily arrived. She scolded them while the mother just grabbed the boy’s hand and blabbed on about what a horrible shop this was.
Emily sat beside and patted me on the back to calm me down. I like her very much. I feel safe with her by my side.

Roger was then adopted by the couple. I’m very happy for him.

May 30, 2009
I’ve been living with Emily for a very long time now, she adopted me. I think her house is very nice. She takes me for walks around the park a lot. We like to sit under the big tree as we watch the sun set. I see Roger with his new family. He looks very happy. We pass by the shelter from time to time. There’s a poster of Emily adopting me. I guess when humans leave you, there will come another one to love and care for you.

I look at Emily, I’m thankful I’ve finally found my home forever.



You Might Also Like

0 comments: