english,

Literary: the break up

5/28/2019 07:33:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




To you,

I’m sorry, but I have to go.

Thank you, I will forever be thankful for being a part of your life. Though I may just be seen as a single page in your book, you will always be a huge part of how I became the woman I am today. You were there for me. You watched me grow, you watched me laugh, you watched me get hurt, and you watched me get back up again.

Thank you because you always gave me a reason to pull myself away from bed every morning, especially when you know that I never enjoyed waking up early. Being with you at the break of day was always so peaceful; it’s refreshing to watch the blue sky meet the sun with you. And when the sunlight finally touches my skin, I am sure that this is my home.

Oh Saints, it will hurt me to part with you.

Remember when we were younger, you were the one who taught me how to share- the swingset, the chicken sandwich, and the SRA booklets. And because you were my only friend, you pushed me to do things that I’m not used to doing. I’m thankful, because of you, I made friendships that lasted until today.

I'm so grateful because you taught me how to properly add and subtract numbers; it really helped me a lot in understanding hard math after all these years. Though it’s still a challenge for me to do my advanced lessons, at least my parents worked with you to prevent me from flunking my trigonometry and geometry subjects. I’ll just take more time to understand them in the future.

You taught me how to laugh—at jokes, at people, and even at situations I can’t control. You just told me to laugh it away, and deal with it later. Thanks for teaching me when to laugh and when to make a stand and speak up about what’s not a laughable matter. Thank you for that. I learned patience in doing that.

You taught me to be socially aware; to immerse myself, to learn about different issues in our country so that I can help make the world a better place. You brought me to so many different places to learn about these issues firsthand. No one has ever taught me to make a decision on my own because I always followed what the majority wanted. So thank you for pushing me out there. I got physically hurt, I got hurtful words thrown at me for speaking up for what I believed in, but at least I got to inspire others to speak about their own beliefs too.

You also taught me how to love. Not just you, but others who touched my heart as well. And when you taught me how to love, you taught me to love hard. You said, “Loving is easy so why not give it to people who deserve it?” I followed your advice and it taught me how to receive pain too—and how to cope with it. When the world crumbled in front of me and how it crushed me into pieces, you motivated me to continue living my days and to not give up that easily. You taught me to fight the demons in my head every day. Thank you for making me strong.

And most importantly, you taught me that there is more to life than being with you. Yes, my years with you have been the greatest years of my life but thank you for teaching me how to let go. Thank you for teaching me that the best lessons ever learned are those from different people. I will always cherish you and never forget you.

I am forever grateful to share this moment with you but as the clock ticks, minutes pass and the sun slowly climbs higher and higher. The atmosphere gets filled with distant chatter and it’s almost 7 AM. It annoys me, but hey, it’s home.

Thanks for the 13 years, UPIS. Until we see again.

Love,
Me

You Might Also Like

0 comments: