english,

Literary (Submission): The Painting’s Serenade

2/21/2019 08:59:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




A canvas lay plain and bare
Sitting in the middle of an empty room
It sings its woes and awaits patiently
For its beloved painter

Colors begin, painting starts
Painter dear, come brush me so
Cover up the brunt of me
Change my hue and fill me up

Your rainbow sonnet calls me forth
I’ve been stretched, prepped and proper
For you to come and change my ways
Steal me away from my boring old

Set me up with your colored paint
A beautiful creature, serene grace
A stretch of land, with trees galore
Please paint me to your delight

Make them adore me as I do you
Make me beautiful with your solid hues
Continue forth your symphony of brush
So that I may end in your artistic embrace

Oh, how wonderful I’ve become!
All because of you, and me, but mostly you
Darling dearest don’t let it end
Not yet, not yet, not yet the silken screen
I want to be here with you in paradise
But if you must, if you would
If you must paint another
And another love you as I would

Then please mark me yours now and true
So that they all know today for tomorrow
Of our love that was once was
So that we may have, our own, forever

You Might Also Like

0 comments: