égotistique,

Literary (Submission): Love is The Answer

2/21/2019 08:52:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




To the girl whose face I wonder
at the sight of the stars,

L onely have I felt for years in this world where a spell of hatred has been cast
O r is it not only me, but also you, my dear, who has felt downcast?
V ery well, I shall be telling you this dream I have been fantasizing of since the past
E ros’s eager, ebullient essence and energy I envision at full blast

I was surrounded with this dismal, desolate, death-like darkness – until
S uddenly, stars greeted me with their twinkle, so bright that it made me keep vigil

T hen, they formed a constellation taking the form of an anguished visage
H oping that one day there would be a hero who would come after a long voyage
E ventually he would heal the wound of her heart that was cracked out of umbrage

A nd I think it is I, my love, who is destined to be the hero of the prophecy
N ever shall I give up restoring the love that was lost from us in my journeys to fantasy
S tarting this day I shall not be affected by the plaguing jaundice, jeopardy, jealousy
W hen the moon and the stars shine I shall search for your face in the night sky with immediacy
E ‘er I shall patiently wait for you, conquering my fears of rejection and despondency
R eadily proclaiming “love is the answer to our problems” with utmost ecstasy

Sincerely,
A dreamer who is not cherished
by his people as well

You Might Also Like

0 comments: