english,

Literary (Submission): Lists

2/21/2019 08:49:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Everyone at some point had a specific list
Of what they wanted in a lover.
Some looked for bright eyes, sound mind,
Some, a sense of humor, a soft heart.

I was a person with a list
Of things I wanted in a lover.
I looked and looked and looked,
But love never looked back.

I followed that list and looked at people,
Looked all around at different folks.
I stared into their eyes, investigated minds,
Cracked jokes and inspected hearts.

Then you came along.
And I had a list in my head that I’ve thought so hard on,
About what I wanted in a person that I wanted to fall in love with.
But you shredded that list, demolished it beyond repair.

You are someone,
I didn’t think could exist,
And didn’t know I was looking for.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: