english,

Literary (Submission): Dear Moonlight,

2/21/2019 09:23:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Hi, hello! Will you be here long?
How much can I expect or am I wrong?
Your silver touch how soon will it go?
Will you come another night or… no?

Shall I witness your graceful rays
Or shall I burn in the sunlit days?
Those of my nature, those of my stature
I cannot see but upon my departure

I wish to feel your gentle embrace
As I go off and disappear to my ways
I’d like to go calmly to you, dear
How I’d love if you were near

May I? Or may I not?
Lay upon your silver cot
For another night and on and on
Until the day that I am gone

My lovely serenade
All for you, I am your humble aide
I love the night as I do me
I’ll sing it to you and you will see

The things we come to love, it begins in mysterious ways

You Might Also Like

0 comments: