english,

Literary (Submission): Placebo

9/01/2018 09:34:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Hopeless, I am meant to die.

No one in this world can ever cure me. Every doctor that has touched my dying soul has given up. Even I have surrendered myself.

But just when everything seemed bleak and dire, a bottle of mysterious substance was presented to me.

“Believe and you shall find. Seek and you shall be given.“ The description said.

Without any hesitation, I drank. Consumed, ingested it until it was a part of me.

Immediately, I felt different, stronger and healthier. The sickness that once plagued me seemed to be gone. I’m cured.

The world looked more colorful. The air I breathed was wind from heaven. I can dance, skip and run around. No ailment can get to me now.

But when everything seemed to be perfect, I thought of my condition before and I stopped. I doubted the powers of this strange remedy.

And then and there, I fell. I coughed. I wheezed. I clutched my chest as if my life depended on it. It’s over, it’s gone. I’m going to die, as I am destined to.

“Believe and you shall find. Seek and you shall be given.”

As I remembered the words on the bottle, I instantly regained my power. I could do all sorts of things again. It looks like, as long as I believe, I am cured.

And now, I fully understand that I am meant to live.

Or am I really?

You Might Also Like

0 comments: