english,

Literary (Submission): Pixie Dust

9/25/2018 08:50:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Do you remember when mommy said to go
Three little pigs set out to a world they didn’t know,
She said, “Today's the day you ought to fly.
How do you know you'll hate it if you don’t try”?

That night you lay down on your bed
You wished upon the star in your head
Couldn’t you go to Neverland?
Endless trees, paradise, and sand

They say all it'll take is pixie dust
But what ever happened to faith and trust?
Is there a Peter Pan to guide my way
Because the North Star doesn’t shine today

What, I wonder, must I think?
Joyful things but tears on the brink
I don't want to leave, I wish to stay
To be with loving mother another day

But the pirates came, the war, begun
The children must leave by risen sun
Peter Pan, young fairy boy
Take me now to the land of joy

Where are you so that I can fly
Far away and the child may never die
Please Peter Pan, to the world that never grows
Don't leave me here, with age that forever shows

You Might Also Like

0 comments: