english,

Literary: Oh No... I'm Falling

9/25/2018 08:35:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Time to take flight.
It feels so right!
Nothing in sight.
Just my instinctive might.

Oh, what a day!
To feel the sun's ray.
Atop the hills, I lay.
With so many to say.

Flowers near in a clump.
Berries I eat are plump.
My energy is now pumped.
Now... time to jump!

But wait...

Here above I stand.
There below is land.
Courage please be in my hand
For I am about to run…
Towards the sky’s far strand.

Whoosh...

And now I fall,
like a tiny little spall,
from a cliff standing tall.
Uttering, no squall.
With no regrets at all!

But, soon as I fell.
All was not well.
For I didn't foretell.
My ever-nearing farewell.

Uh oh...

My end was now close.
I felt the wind’s strong blows.
To think I could dose,
My end with grandiose.

Oh no...

My eyes are closed shut.
Ha!… Aren't I in a rut
What a sad plot.
To my life’s short cut.

Then…
I suddenly stopped.

I felt the wind no more.
'Cause I stopped right before,
I hit the ground floor.
And death, I've outscored!

As I looked around,
I saw myself, floating above ground
Time's hands, not turning 'round.
This feeling – dumbfound,
that I had magic abound?

I tried to move freely
In the space’s air so breezy.
And tried to satisfy my curiosity.
From my floating state of actuality.

Then... it hit me.

A bird right at my head.
“Ouch,” I said.
After, of course, it bled.
Darn, this bird is such an airhead.

After which the bird flew away.
Along the blue coral bay,
As if it were astray.

Wait?!?

Did the bird have something to say?

As my gears kept turning.
With my mind, thinking.
I couldn't help realizing.
Did the bird mean, “flying”?

So I tried moving.
Arms and legs constantly flapping.
Like the bird, who was soaring.
Into the sky never-ending.

I slowly rose higher and higher.
Into the sky which I admire.
And louder came the sound of the angelic choir.
Accompanied by the trumpet, drum, and lyre.

Wow!

Everything felt surreal.
With the cloud's whisp so genteel.
Being pulled up by a reel
Near the sun's strong feel.

At last, here I was...

But suddenly
I woke up.

And entered my eyes, the gleam.
What? T'was all just a dream.
So real it seemed.

I was sad yet I still smiled.
For I was still beguiled.
By the fact, all was not real.
However still,

I had the courage to jump.
And afterwards like the bird...

I got to fly.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: