english,

Literary: Landlocked

9/25/2018 08:38:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




I’m a bird with a broken wing
I've lost my flock and cannot sing
The seasons, they've come around
Yet still, I’m here, oh where's northbound?

I’m the balloon without flame
Tied to the ground, it's all in vain
For I could not take you far
My basket's full of holes that mar

No propeller, just a plane
The fuel's out and I just complain
The co-pilot's run amok
I think I'm crashing, what bad luck

My compass broke in half
I'm lost alone, I can only laugh
Is there a map to somewhere new?
Far away, where I could go to

If there is, may I have a look?
Was there a turn somewhere that I mistook?
They say here is paradise
But I don’t think here's all that nice

All these months, the years have gone by
If I've felt sad, then why not fly?
Is it alright to stay in my landlocked state?
If everything I do, I hate?

Where in the world would I go to?
Could I be free somewhere new?
But right here is all I've known
Where I was raised, and where I've grown

If I climb on this launching pad
And go, will I miss everything I had?
I'll close my eyes, is that alright?
I won't look but I will take flight

I really don't want to see
Because these heights are scaring me
But will I finally breathe fresh air?
Can I really smile without a care?

If I leave everything here
Can I really move on without fear?
Will my broken wing finally heal?
And my balloon free from the seal?

I'm a dreamer in a landlocked state
Stuck to the ground doing things I hate
But someday I want to fly
Up, up and away in the boundless sky

You Might Also Like

0 comments: