contre jour,

Literary: The Fall

9/01/2018 07:58:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





I.
Crushing pressure:

I want to scream,
I try;
All that comes out:
Silence;

Bubbles floating up:

I want to swim after,
I try;
The water resists;

Down currents pulling me:

I want to drown,
I try;


II.

Fortune (or perhaps misfortune)! I find myself alive,
Supported by apparitions, who try to help me thrive,
Now thanks to their aid opportune, I have a stable life:

Each day I ope my eyes to all the same:
A sun-washed room, and calm and peace, I guess,
No racing heart, nor mind by sadness claimed,
Just me, that's all, all ready t'onwards press;
Now, each and every day I do the same,
Sometimes perhaps some trips of fancy small,
But overall my life would be called lame
By anyone, if any had the gall;
Each night I close my eyes to nothing new,
It's simply just, 'to sleep, to sleep -- no more',
No eager waiting for the day renewed,
Nor dreading what tomorrow has in store

Okay and passable a life this is,
But this is just so-so, and I want bliss


III.
Hear ye all my verse as I sing and dance ecstatic:

‘I am fire, burning fire: a razing, raging flame
I sprightly dance with zeal electric, by no-one can be tamed
Watch as I engulf the earth, watch all before me fall
For no-one can my might control, one can but stand appalled

Aye I am fire, burning fire: eye of heaven gold
I create within, without; I power unmatched hold
Watch as I give life to Earth, watch all before me rise
For I am that which gives ye warmth, and pow'r to night denies’

Heard ye all my verse? 'Tis brilliant 'tis not so?
For perhaps sub-par's my language,
I've long in dark depths languished,
This be sign that that is finished,
My spirit's no more extinguished

Breathe ye all with me for now the air is clear,
Savour ye each breath of wind
Savour ye each breath of life

Stand ye all with me, here far from deepest sea,
Here upon this mountain peak,
This peak Olympus nigh

Aye, Olympus nigh, the wind's against my face,
Aye, Olympus nigh, so close to all the gods,
Aye, Olympus, aye, 'tis there that I should be,
Aye, t'Olympus I shall fly


IV.


You Might Also Like

0 comments: