astraea,

Literary: Anchor to your Flight

9/25/2018 08:33:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Are you certain my little bird?
Your reasons I'd rather leave unheard
Leaving me — is it your real intention?
Would you stay if I send my contention?

My beloved bird, look around this haven
Which served as repose from your anguish back then
Recall all the moments we spent here together
Won't you regret forsaking these altogether?

Halt! Stay! You should not yet depart
Oh what grief you bring my feeble heart!
It was I who relieved the perils you withstood
Is this truly the attitude you pay me as gratitude?

Though I know it’s selfish to anchor you here
To my pleas, I try not to let conscience interfere
Though ill, I wish you the worst of luck, like one
That will break your wings to a state good as gone

Now here comes the night and its speckled stars
Entrancing as the first time they lured you from afar
You'll soon careen to them with all fervor and fire
How selfish of you to consider only your desire!

Out there are dangers you can't even imagine
The blanket of darkness shall cover you in
From the biting breeze of the cold grim night
I can't save you for you're far out of my sight

Once again, I ask you, my precious bird
Have my warnings made your will deterred?
Aha! Now there's hesitation in your eyes
Good lord, please let that doubt arise!

Alas, your mind is set and my voice is hoarse
Oh dear, you’ll leave me forever in remorse
I feel the wind stir as your wings start to flutter
It is a pain to watch you flying far away... farther... farther and farther...

You Might Also Like

0 comments: