AMY,

Literary: Time Traveller's Son

8/18/2018 08:28:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Journal Entry #015076, January 28, 2066
After all these years, I’ve finally done it. I’ve built a functioning time machine. I only managed to go back 2 minutes into the past for my first run, I wasn’t unsure about anything going wrong since I met myself, well to be more specific a future version of myself and he… I mean I gave the mark that I should go in the machine and go back in time. I did not feel anything at all while time travelling. As I emerge from the machine I saw my past self still setting the machine up, I gave him the signal to go in the machine just like what happened to me so I won’t break the cycle. Yeah it sounds confusing but that’s just how time travel is confusing. Maybe tomorrow I’ll go further into the past to test the capabilities of my machine.

Journal Entry #015077, January 29, 2016
The machine malfunctioned. Long story short, I’m stuck in the past. I don’t know how this happened, but somehow, 50 minutes turned into 50 years. My plan now is to get back to my original time, but it won’t be easy. First, I need to make some rules.

Rules for Time Travellers

1. Never talk to anyone you know, even yourself. You might disrupt the timeline.
2. As much as possible, make minimal interaction with other people.
3. DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING!

Journal Entry #016202, March 2, 2019
It’s been about 3 years since I got stuck here. Building the machine is taking longer than I expected since I haven’t even gathered some Uranium and other necessary materials yet.
Back then… I mean, in the future, you could probably buy anything anywhere. But here, even the black market has scarce resources. Another thing is I’ve gotten an assistant to help me build the machine. I know I’m sort of breaking rule number two, but hiring one person won’t exactly change major events in the future. She doesn’t even know that we’re building a time machine. All I said was that this is just some wacky project for my university. She’s been a big help so far. The progress has exponentially gone faster with someone else working with me compared to building it alone, but I’m worried that the more time we spend together, my affection for her might grow. I’ll just have to suppress my feelings for the sake of the future.

Journal Entry #016249 April 18, 2019
I think I’m in love with her. I just can’t help it, she’s just so uhhh-mazing! And the thing is, I think she actually likes me too. I don’t know what to do, should I risk causing a big change in the timeline just for her? I’ve went out with her several times already so I guess there’s no turning back now.

Journal Entry #016260 May 29, 2019
I’ve gone too far. Well, she’s pregnant now and this is a huge problem. This could cause a collapse in the space-time continuum and I can’t just make this all disappear. Maybe I should just go and leave. I know it’s hard for a child to grow up without a father, I should know that of all people, but it’s for the sake of not breaking the timeline.

Journal Entry #016662 June 30, 2020
I have fully abandoned the task of building the machine. I have to stay here for my family but I won’t be fully present meaning they would not see me and they’ll think I left them but I’ll just be around watching from a distance, an assurance so I won’t further break the timeline. My child is a boy and his first birthday is coming. I should give him a gift, a blue teddy bear just like the one I got when I was his age. However, I probably won’t let him know who it’s from.

Journal Entry #036878 January 25,2065
Well, I’m almost back to the day I left, but I went the long way by just living out all the years until now. I’m almost dying so I think I won’t make it back exactly when I left. This will be my final journal entry.

Life has been pretty much boring since I already know what’s going to happen. I spent the rest of my years watching over my son, who, of course, looks like me. His mother has Alzheimer’s now, and she stays in a nursing home. From time to time, I visit her and she still knows who I am, but she forgets my visits and gets surprised whenever I’d show up.

Now, my son, he really is something. He’s smart, even finished top of his class, and already has his master’s degree. For the past few years I’ve realized something. My son has no idea, but by next year he’s about to become so famous. In history, he shall be known as the man who invented the first time machine.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: