english,

Literary: What is it?

5/04/2018 08:52:00 PM Media Center 1 Comments





What?
What is it with you?
What’s wrong with you?

I look back at everything you’ve said:
Every single word that punched a hole through me,
Every single promise that sounded so hollow,
Every slip of the tongue that revealed your true nature.

I look back at everything you’ve done:
How you never stay true to your word,
How you get distracted so easily,
How insensitive you can be.

You do these still.
You never stopped.

After everything I’ve said,
Everything I’ve ever done,
Everything I’ve given up,
I guess I’m still not enough.

I guess I’ll never be enough,
For you at least.

I guess I should have known.
I guess I knew all along.

And so, I realize
Who I really should be blaming for my misfortunes.

It is I.

Tell me.
What is it with me?
What is wrong with me?

You Might Also Like

1 comment: