astraea,

Literary: Unseen x Unspoken

4/23/2018 08:31:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Unseen


I would have,
if I could
I wanted run away with you
Do everything and anything

See the things we never saw before
Find the hidden secrets
Within the cracks of the words we say
And the reasons beyond the boundaries of perfection

Risk the time and effort
That could’ve served a better purpose
And seek the worthiness
Of the sincerest moments

But instead,
We settled for the places that were enough
Places that made us feel
That perfection is a possible concept

She’d talk about how beautiful the sunset was
And say it was as beautiful as me
And I’ hate how she’d make me blush every time
But I love hearing her soothing words anyway

She loves to sneak up behind me
And give me the tightest of hugs
How warm it felt like
How secure I feel when I’m with her

As if it’s like I’m always at home
She’d bring me the assurance I needed
As I would do the same
I couldn’t ask for more.

How I’d do anything
Just to see how those perfect moments looked like
If it’s just as beautiful
As the feeling.

It breaks my heart
Knowing that I never saw any of them,
Not the moments, nor the places,
Not even you.

How I wished
I could’ve seen how beautiful the sunset was
How I’d look like whenever I’d blush
Even I don’t know what that looks like, but I loved how she said it.

How I wish she could’ve lived to see the day
That black turned to shapes and colors
Blanks were filled with objects, places, and faces
I suddenly saw everything, everything except you.

The only thing I got to see
Was a stone with your name on it
And a quote saying
“I was loved through nothingness”

She was the best and only one I ever had,
And I never even got the chance
To see through the eyes
Of my lover.

Unspoken

I would have,
If you let me
If you just showed me how much you wanted to
I would have brought you to places

I’ve ventured through alleys and valleys
I’ve traced the map from point to point
I dream of sharing all these sights
Show the wonders life has to offer

You were willing to risk it all
Except being seen by the people who know us
Hide the sincerest feeling we have
From hearing others say nothing or too much

So now,
We remain in our own world
In this concept of perfection you made yourself
Where the two of us are the only characters

I will talk about the sunset’s beauty
And how your blush complements its colors
Say that you’re more than picturesque sky
To see your face painted with a smile

I will always bring you thrill
Even in the simplest manners
Like sneaking behind you for an embrace
Then let comfort seep into you

In every waking moment
I wish to be with you
If you just let me
If you would not let dreams stay as they are

How I’d do anything
Just to make these perfect moments true
It will be more beautiful
Than how it made you feel

It breaks my heart
Knowing that you never saw any of them
Not my dreams, nor my intentions
Not even me

How I wish
I could bring you to watch the sunset
To see your blush brightening up to a glow
Upon the moon’s way up the night sky

Let’s stop just hoping
We’ll live to see the day everything’s clearer
Pitch black days will be remodeled
Into a palette of colors

Once I left a stone etched with the words:
“I was loved through nothingness”
But everything changed
When you came

She was the best I ever had,
If she only tried to see through my eyes
She would’ve realized how much
I love her.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: