celestine poppy,

Literary (Submission): Under the Stars x Right Next to You

4/23/2018 09:31:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Under the Stars


We stood under the stars once
Its shimmering light bathed us when we met for the first time
That was the day my life changed
In a way I never expected it to

I was a lone wolf, longing for my own pack
A stray comet trying to find the best path
It was a wonder how I stumbled unto you by chance
As if the stars wished for us to fall into place

Hands fumbling, mouth stammering, eyes glued to my feet
I gulped down my nerves while I was searching for the right words
Yet you just smiled that nonchalant, warm smile of yours
As you stretched out your hands and took me into your cluster

We chased for adventure like dogs running mad for their tails
We hopped on the wildest rides, pulled the most outrageous pranks
We danced to our own music, chanted our own beat
We even drank from the same cup as we shared our secrets and tears

Yet even when I entered your fold
You always seemed just out of reach
Close enough to touch, a little too far to grasp
Were you really as distant as the stars appear to be?

And like how stars fade fast as they burn bright
We drifted off to our own separate galaxies
It is indeed unsurprising, how far we have come
How we grew apart, as if those moments are just little things

Now here I am standing under the same spot
Where the stars shine as brightly as they did for us before
Except now, I am alone, and must wait and see
If you would reappear and say you still remember me


Right Next to You

I never thought that you’d pass by
And sit down on the moonlit grass right next to me
Your hand accidentally brushed one of mine
A short unexpected tingle we both felt inside

You said you were alone from the very start
Walking astray to find the best path
Little did you know that we both have the same belief
I swerved to the wrong path, and was left alone by my pack

Maybe the stars did wish for us to meet
For you became that shining little light in my dreams
That seems to shine brighter when we stand beside each other
And makes me warm and comfy, that I wish to keep you forever

Yet the hollowness inside me is still too great
I’m afraid that it might drag your light away
Consume the brightness that envelopes your entity
Inside this empty dark void inside of me

I wish to cause no more pain
So I had to make myself whole again
Pick up the broken pieces and start anew
Go back to the right path, to the place where I truly belong

So I had to drift away to my star that showered me with light
During my dark moments in the pitch black night
The memories we shared are truly divine
And will always be cherished ‘til the end of my time

As I gaze at the wonderful starry night
As long as the stars shine from above
The night sky will forever remind me of you
And my heart will always be right next to you

You Might Also Like

0 comments: