daylight,

Literary (Submission): Starlit Questions x Moonlit Answers

4/23/2018 09:55:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





Starlit Questions

We stand underneath the stars that can't be seen
and trees that gently follow the midnight's breeze
and we laugh at what we think the world could mean
and the moments we have, this night, we seem to seize

I laugh at things that you would say and do
and you tell me that you think this is true
and I want to believe my future is with you
hoping every moment will seem new

You look at me, smiling, yet staring intensely
and I look away, afraid of what I see
since in my mind are thoughts that you will stay right here with me
and feelings growing more immensely

You fill my nights with endless thought and wonder
within the words you send of black and gray
yet with these loving words, I seem to ponder
if tomorrow, will you be here to truly stay?




Moonlit Answers

Amidst this dark road, under the milky moonlight
We pondered where the stars might have gone beyond our sight
Wishing we could see them right now under this black night
A moment between us I thought just felt truly right

In the middle of the dark where the light doesn’t reach
We intertwined our hands, every finger soft as peach
Holding you tightly, as if the world is within my reach
Here we don’t need words, we don’t need any speech

Every moment of this, I can’t help but keep smiling
Each time I look at you, I can’t help but keep falling
Even as your eyes reflect all of your worrying
I know I’ll stay here, never ever leaving

No matter how many sad and sorrowful nights that passes by,
I’ll stay for those happy moments, even if they’re few
Even as the sky turns red and the big world turns blue
Forever and ever, I’ll stay here and be with you

You Might Also Like

0 comments: