bridge,

Literary (Submission): Maroon Star x Another Cheerleader

4/23/2018 09:09:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Maroon Star


I’m a player
She’s a cheerleader
In each game, from my eye’s corner
I see her
Blooming as ever

I hear her voice
Cheering for the maroons
And from that moment
I fell in love even more

Admiring her is not a choice
As she danced with pure passion and poise
Her team captured my attention
But she captivated my heart

I admire her for who she is
Even though she’s a bit far
And when I look at her, my cheerleader
I can clearly see my maroon star

Another Cheerleader

He was a player, so I didn’t bother
For I was the type of girl
Who just stays in the corner

So I never really pictured
The thought of us together
Knowing his affections
Were for another cheerleader.

I saw him play and cheer for the scores
I still wonder how and why,
I became the one he adores.
For I always thought
That his stares and glances
were only because
He likes a cheerleader’s dance.

Funny how naïve one can be,
And how hard it was
For me not to easily see.
I think its sweet of him to say such things.

I still can’t imagine us together,
since my heart has been stolen by another
And she’s my fellow cheerleader.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: