ivy,

Literary (Submission): Letter for You x Reply for You

4/23/2018 09:44:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Letter for You

My dear,
Apologies are in order, I believe, so I am going to start this letter with one.
I am truly sorry for everything I’ve done, but more importantly, everything I’ve failed to do.
I used to watch you closely, the same way you used to watch me, and I know for a fact that something has changed. There was this certain look in your eyes: caring, hopeful, dreamy even.
But that’s over now. Nowadays, you shy away every time my eyes meet yours, and for this, I can’t blame you.
I failed to be what you wanted me to be. That is the truth: I failed you, and I failed myself by failing you.
I don’t think I can apologize enough so I dare not ask for forgiveness. In fact, the reason I am writing to you is to express my gratitude.
What you have done for me before will never be forgotten. I was trying to keep myself together, but with your touch so warm and words so tender, I not only became whole but more importantly, happier.
You gave me hope. You gave me something to look forward to. And I know you know that.
I also know that you know what’s been happening to me. How does it feel to be watching something that you’ve built with your own hands starting to crumble right before your very eyes?
Nowadays, despite my numerous shortcomings, you continue to be kind and gentle. Why? I don’t know. But I’m grateful for it.
Before I end this letter, I just want to tell you not to worry about me. You’ve already done so much for me. If I got to rebuild myself the last time, I can do it once more.
I wish you well. May the rest of your days be filled with all the joy and love you deserve.
Sincerely,
Ivy


Reply for You

To my dearest,
I’ve been strong for almost four years to ensure that I would be enough for someone like you. You were my sun, and I was your moon. I’ve gained light and strength because of you.
I was once weak, but in order to give what you truly deserve, I did my best to gain strength to love someone like you. I know you were not perfect, and so am I, and that made me realize we were for each other because our strengths and weaknesses complement each other.
You were my gift; you were the reason why I wanted to learn because I wanted to show you the best version of myself.
But I guess those efforts were not enough.
Eventually, the challenges we once endured slowly broke us into pieces. Smiles turned into tears, happiness turned into sorrow, and they slowly broke us apart.
It’s hard to see what we once built with love, is slowly falling and failing. You chose her, and I am sorry because I wasn’t enough for you to stay.
Yes, you were my sun; I became too dependent on you. Your light became my foundation, and now that it’s gone, I am slowly breaking into pieces.
Don’t bother me, I’ve grown, I learned to stand on my own and not depend my happiness to my environment and surroundings. I’ve learned to be firm on my decisions and face its consequences..
You don’t need to ask for forgiveness because I have already forgiven you, because I needed to free myself from pain.
I continued showing love and care because you still have a place in my heart that no one can replace. You will always be my first and greatest love.
Thank you for giving me the light, passion, and love.
Continue growing on your own.
Sincerely yours,
Misteryosang Lakambini

You Might Also Like

0 comments: