english,

Literary: My Favorite Things

4/28/2018 09:17:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





Dear You,
              At first you were my favorite pillow. The only thing that could give me comfort, the only shoulder I could cry on. The one I could turn to at night when I felt scared or alone. A pillow that I’ve always kept close to me.
              Then a few months went by and you became my favorite outfit. Protecting and giving me warmth. Making me feel confident and beautiful. Letting me express who I truly am. An amazing outfit that I sadly had to leave behind.
              Like most things in life, I outgrew my favorite things. But you suddenly came back and became my favorite movie. Making me laugh, cry and feel different emotions at once. Teaching me what I need to learn to be able to live my life. You were both my entertainment and companion.
              But as I grew up to become what I am today, I realized that my favorite movie became my favorite place. Where I can be myself and feel the safest. My own personal space where I could come to find peace and release my inner demons. A place that has seen the best moments of my life.
              These things are only some of the reasons why you are the most important thing to me. We stick together; we change and adapt to fit each other’s needs and lives. You are my friend, my family. You’re my favorite person in this world.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: