diamond,

Literary: April Skies x Endless Nights

4/23/2018 08:36:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




April Skies

On cold spring nights like this…

I close my eyes
Which weep like woeful April skies,
I try to forget what I want to remember
Yet I only remember what I want to forget.

I take a deep breath
And inhale the scent of dead lilac and agony,
Its dust reminds me of the bittersweet memories of us;
Telling its tale of how pale the night will be.

I take a sip
Of the sparkling, yet monochromatic stars
Its taste never fails to remind me of you.
Because you used to be a dream so rich in color
‘Til you left me fading into a single hue of gray.

On cold spring nights like this…

I hear the whispers of new beginnings
But I refuse to listen.
For I always look for tomorrow
But tomorrow doesn’t ever look for me –
You are my future that isn’t meant to be.

Then I block my thoughts
And for a moment, all I do is feel
To remind myself that I don’t need stars to guide me.

Because I am a lost firelight
Still not aware of the heat it promises
And I don’t think I should perceive it –
Through time, I’d just be it.

So on cold spring nights like this,
I feel my heartbeat
And wait for the warmth of feeling to take me home.

Endless Nights

On cold endless nights such as this…

I glance at my right palm
And traced every curved line connecting my wrist to my fingertips
Trying to recall each story and how it was formed;
Stories that created bridges, but mostly scars.

I take a sip
Of my warm, yet bottomless cup of regrets
And its smoke whispers to me
The imprudent mistakes I’ve done to hurt you,
Plus, the squandered bliss that caused us affliction.

And with every single sip I take,
Its bitter aftertaste keeps on getting stronger.
Yet I still choose to seek for more
For it is the only substance that keeps me awake
During these busy night skies of April.

On cold, tiring nights such as this…

I hold my breath;
Slowly count up to three
And think of the elements that I miss most about you –
One – The redolent scent of your lilac hair;
Two – Those starry eyes of yours full of twinkling dust;
Three – Your personality so vibrant in every hue.

And once I exhale,
I get to release every vague emotion inside me
All of it, except for one – nostalgia.
Every night, I yearn for home
And every night, I realize
That I should have chosen passion over profession;
Maybe – I should’ve waited much longer and stayed with you.

So this frigid, yet hopeful night
I stood up from this tattered desk;
Let go of every pen and paper;
And finally break free from these latched doors of remorse.

Now here I am – reaching out to you, my firelight
I hope you wait for me.
For the warmth of your embrace is where I belong –
And once I find you, we’re home.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: