BeautyinMC,

Literary: Gone Astray

2/02/2018 09:51:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





I was once lost,
far away from home.
I wandered in an unfamiliar place,
and faced an empty road.

I was not myself back then,
not the person I knew.
I was just a body moving around carelessly.
Walking continuously, not knowing where my feet will lead me.

Hours, days, weeks, months and years passed,
And still, there I was, doing the same thing over and over again,
Chasing my own tail and running in circles,
Uncertain if I will ever be able to break the monotonous routine.

Muscles strained, eyes bloodshot and face stained with tears,
at this point I should have raised the white flag.
But I thought to myself,
Why should I give up now?

With that single thought,

I mustered all the strength I had left,
I forced myself to stand up and walk.
Slowly, but surely,
one foot after the other, until I was able to walk steadily.

Enduring the pain and fatigue,
I followed the road that seemed to be endless,
but before I knew it,
I stepped foot onto my destination, and I was home.

The child that once went astray,
scared of the unknown,
was finally home
along with a better, stronger version of herself.

See, that is the beauty of being lost.
It is not about reaching your destination,
It is about the trials and tribulations that you have gone through,
that makes you grow into a better person than you were before.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: