bahaghari,

Literary: A Part of Me

1/25/2018 07:57:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




I have stumbled upon
The greatest trials life has had to offer
And yet I am here, still.

I was bullied.
In fourth grade.
People kept calling me fat
Because of the way
My tummy wrinkled whenever I sat
And the way
My flabs bounced in beat when I ran.
I used to hate myself.
But then I realized, fat does not mean ugly.
I have learned to accept the way my body works, moves, and looks.
I am beautiful.

I was broken.
In sixth grade.
My friends told me
It was not the end of the world
But why did it feel like
My
World
Had shattered when my man left?
I will not deny how hard it was for me, but I got through it.
It was never easy growing up without a father
But in his absence, I have found His presence.

I was judged.
In seventh grade.
Others looked at me as a girl
Desperate for someone to love her.
A woman who needed a man to survive.
Was it because I had guy friends
And that I constantly showed them how much I value
The companionship they give
Despite all the cracks in my personality?
Or was I really just flirty,
And desperate?
But no. I was not.

I was alone.
In ninth grade.
Have you ever felt alone
Even though you have people around you?
I had friends—
Physically.
But I never felt like I had
True ones.
I ate lunch alone. I went home alone.
But I have learned to carry myself
And not depend on anyone.
I became strong.

I was lost.
I believe, all my life, I had been.
But I have been finding myself
Piece by piece
In every tragic series that I go through.
But I have lost so much
That I have mastered the art of losing.

Now, enter my heart.
Show me good things that I will never forget.
Feed me with butterflies,
Bring me to the stars.
Then, leave me
And I will give you a share
Of the only thing I have kept and will never lose
The endless trail I have been walking
No one will ever know me as a whole
Because all I can give is a piece
And you, are now a part of me—

My story.
My legacy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: