english,

Literary: The Last Chapter

1/25/2018 09:04:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




I need to leave home, so that I can grow and pave the way for other people.

I loved being in the most comfortable and familiar places, with familiar faces, voices, nooks, and crannies. I would like to stay, but I know that if I get too comfortable, I must go. If I don’t, I’ll be trapped and will never grow.

When I was a child, I always finished books as quickly as I could. It excites me to see the last chapter, the ending, because it usually ends with a ‘happily ever after’. But when I grew up, I preferred taking things slowly. For instance, I would insist that my friend stay with me for a little while. I was afraid not to see the ‘happily ever after’ at the end.

Time passed and I realized that some endings are meant to be sad because that’s how the world works. Each ending is different from another and each ending is inevitable. Everything comes to an end, so that something else may begin.

Now, my story in my most comfortable and familiar place has come to an end. I hope that I will leave a mark in this place for others to grow.

This is my last chapter in my home for several years now.

Today, I’ll be moving to a new one.




You Might Also Like

0 comments: