english,

Literary: What I Am

11/10/2017 08:27:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





I am a pattern
Surrounded by numerous other patterns
With repetitive routines
Followed by repetitive cycles

Meetings and projects
With murderous deadlines
Tattooed onto my skin
As I slowly check them off my daily routine

But look closely and you'll see:

A soul
With two eyes
Looking beyond the view
Emotions controlling me

A heart
And a brain
Dictating how I should deal
With the demons inside

A mouth
With a voice
Keeping the choked up words
Of feelings left unspoken

How can something so complex,
Be so simple?

The answer is this:

We are consumed by our patterns
Our freedom has been restrained
By the routines that define us
We have become “patternized

The reiterating, everlasting routines
Divided spaces and unnecessary stress
Are dealt with every single day
And can be solved if we change

As we start to change
We shall leave this blue neighborhood
Cut off our former selves
Break away from the pattern and
A new us will emerge

You Might Also Like

0 comments: