barcode,

Literary: Walking Down Memory Lane

11/29/2017 08:56:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




“Would you please hold my hand one last time?”

“Maybe, this is our happy ending.”

Stage 6: The Break-up
I’ve decided
And I think, you did too.
The more I try to get to you,
The more we hurt each other
I hate how we reached this point
Full of regrets
As if we never found love in the space of one another
I hate how my heart and body keep
Remembering all these stages we’ve been through
Even though, in the end, I did lose you

“Nothing seems to go right.”

Stage 5: Tolerance
You’ve changed.
And I have too.
The fire that raged between us
Turned to smoke that fogs our state of mind.
I hate how we argue about
The dumbest little things
As if our bodies just want us to wrangle.
I hate how my heart and body always debate
If this is still love
Or just the fear of being alone.

“I remember how comfortable we were with each other.”

Stage 4: Comfortable
Every time you are around
All I feel is you
You-- and the love that you have
Your arms wrapped around me
Just to make me feel safe

But

Sometimes, it doesn’t
Sometimes, it breaks me
Too tight and I’m falling to pieces
Too loose and it doesn’t feel the same
Whenever I close my eyes,
I wonder what if our stars weren't aligned?

“I can still remember how aggressive the butterflies were.”

Stage 3: Honeymoon
Every time I see you through my eyes,
All that surrounds you became a blur
But you-- you move in slow motion
As if you are taking your time
To show how beautiful you are to me.

Ironically,

Seeing you in my mind is not slow in pace.
It is fast.
Quick.
And you are all I can see
Standing in the altar
Wearing a fine suit.

Stage 2: The Chase
I won’t forget how I loved you.

Stage 1: Meeting
I won’t forget how we met.

“Maybe, we weren’t that bad of a couple.”
“You are still perfect.”
“And so are you.”

Then they both said,

“But not for each other.”


*inspired by Wong Fu’s Strangers Again

You Might Also Like

0 comments: