contre jour,

Literary: Tick-tock, Thud-thud, Huff-puff

11/10/2017 08:36:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock,
Slow and steady the seconds pass,
Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock

Thud-thud, thud-thud, thud-thud,
Slow and steady the heartbeats go,
Thud-thud, thud-thud, thud-thud

Huff-puff, huff-puff, huff-puff,
Slow and steady the lungs seek air,
Huff-puff, huff-puff, huff-puff

These noises rhythmic, unceasing,
Beating in the point:
I am alone;

The silence, near-absolute
Presses down upon my chest,
Driving in the solitude;

I seek reprieve from this emptiness,
And take my pen to write,
Scratch, scratch, scratch goes the sharpened nib,
And drip, drip, drip goes the crimson ink,
As I create my lines

But the tick-tock, thud-thud, huff-puff,
It goes on and on, regardless,
Tick-tock, thud-thud, huff-puff,
It continues in its pace, relentless,
Tick-tock, thud-thud, huff-puff,
The noises start to overwhelm,
Tick-tock, thud-thud, huff-puff,
They cannot be beat back,

Tick-tock, thud-thud, huff-puff,
Tick-tock, thud-thud, huff-puff…

You Might Also Like

0 comments: