english,

Literary (Submission): Shoot for the Stars

11/29/2017 09:39:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Pick up that tiny star
Lying on the ground
Thank goodness, there you are!
I’m so glad to have been found
Take it, protect it, and give it something to eat
Without you, surviving would have been quite a feat

Be mindful of its flame, dimly lit
So I can rest now, and in peace I can sit

Silently... snatch that star! Throw it very far
Wish it a safe journey as it glides to Mars
But why on earth are you tearing us apart,
Just when I thought this place could be ours?
A star doesn't belong here
It will suffer in your planet
That star's rightful place
Is with the asteroids and comets
Am I forced to go alone
Above highest summits?
Where else do I belong
If I am not in your orbit?
Remember that star
Revel in those memories
Why don’t you understand?
You’re more than enough for me
Remember having that tiny star
Near you, beside you
This isn’t fair for either of us,
If only you truly knew
Look up and see your little star
Together with another
Your little star wants to stay -
To be beside you, she would rather
With a heavy heart,
Smile, because you know
That's the best for that beautiful star
Learn to let him go
For I can’t change the way things are
Smile, teary-eyed
And in one burst of emotion,
Cry.
As you watch that little star,
Further away from you, she will fly
As I watch you give up on us
Further away from you, I will fly
Because for us, gravity doesn’t apply.


You Might Also Like

0 comments: