english,

Literary: The Ballad of Change

11/29/2017 08:09:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





Once I was but a mess
A dissonance of angry melodies
With my head held high
I sang a solo piece
Of lines filled with pride

I pretended I was fine
Claiming anything I wanted mine
Until you came along:
A favorite song
I was never meant to sing

You changed me.

I had a taste of truth
So I did everything to keep you
I let myself know defeat
Familiarized myself with its beat
And wrote a song from it

To you, I sang my heart out
It was an offering,
Gratitude for what you've done:
You changed me to your only one
Until---

You changed.

You tried in all earnest to reach me
But only to reach, and never to keep me
You left and it became a habit
Though I always told you not to try it
It became a song you could not help but sing

The only thing that's constant
Is change, as people say
But I pray, that though we may change
We will always go back
To the songs we used to sing
But until then, I will wait,
Singing the only song I know now:

You.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: