english,

Literary (Submission): Not Just Your Average Movie

1/15/2016 10:18:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



For some time now, I’ve admired you, but always from afar…
The first time I saw you on screen
It was as if I felt love for the first time
But there was nothing I could do
To close the gap between me and you

From time to time, I sent you letters
Which just mixed up with countless others
Until that one fateful day,
That I simply ran out of words to say
I didn’t give up, I mean why? Why now of all times?
There was nothing to describe
The rollercoaster of emotions I felt
Except perhaps the giant smile
That will be on my face for a while

Was it a sign of genuine interest?
Or just out of courtesy,
But whatever the reason may be,
Your reply meant worlds to me

One response led to another
And soon we started talking regularly
With these chats, happiness came
Though I wished you could say the same

Come a few weeks and you’d invited me to a premiere,
From out of nowhere, I heard your voice
Saying, “It’s OK, he’s with me”
And it was at that moment
That my heart was simply content
Love took over and we spent the rest of our lives together…
Well, not exactly. After all, this is not your average movie

After a couple of days
I wanted to say thanks
Maybe with some incredible feat
Or a simple box of sweets

My first try didn’t go so well,
But a little later, where we met
From your angelic lips came “Thank you”,
Two words that filled my heart with different hues
Well, that’s how the story ends for now
What happens next, I leave up to you
But I hope you know that I’m always here for you.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: