capulet,

Literary (Submission): Behind the Scenes

1/15/2016 10:21:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



Beneath the shadows,
I am looking out
Into a world of peculiar lights
And sounds
Bringing forth novelties
In ample amounts

The greatest of which
Was his angelic face
That caused time to slacken
And slow in pace
Taking my senses,
And not leaving a trace

I longed to come near
For a closer look
But each time I tried
My hands, how they shook
And I couldn’t retrieve
The courage he took

So instead, I only watched
The way he’d command
Those lights, the sounds
As if according to plan
I could see them dancing
In the palm of his hand

I envied the words he’d sing out
And speak
Words filled with passion,
Words I wished were for me
But I perished the thought
For it just cannot be

He will never know
Of the way I feel
Because while I am here,
We will never meet
That is just how it is
From behind the scenes

You Might Also Like

0 comments: