english,

Literary: The Show

1/15/2016 08:42:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



“I will make you beautiful.”
But you already are
“I will make you perfect.”
Why do you look so far?

Masks that we wear
For this show you put on
Stood on the stage
That “happiness” you don

With that smile that I see
And those eyes of yours that glimmer,
I watch ‘til your spotlight
Gets dimmer and dimmer

As the ray of light fades
Your mask, you remove
Your true face reveals
A look as graceful as you move

A quick smile flashes
Before sorrow takes over
This scene comes to an end
And quickly you cover

I swiftly catch up
Before you can go
This scene might’ve ended
But not the show

I turn you around,
A look of surprise you portray
“Such beauty, such perfection…”
“A leading lady?” I say

You give off a chuckle
You start off with “Well…”
With a flattered little smile
Your answer you tell.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: