english,

Literary (Submission): 24/7

10/16/2015 09:40:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



4:15am
Daybreak

I set my alarm at 4AM, but woke up 15 minutes later
It took three snoozes to convince me
That waking up was necessary
To get to glance at a phenomenon.

I woke up to the shade of the morning
Just to gaze at the sunrise
For the sun reminds me of you
The way you make life brighter or darker than it already is

I fell in love with it in a matter of seconds
Just a few seconds short of the time it took to fall for you
Very much unlike how long it still takes
To get over the little things you do

7:09am
Sunup

Hours after the sun has come up
And the colors of the morning truly set in,
Waking me up from this fantasy
That sleep has woven me into.

The light shines upon your eyes
And makes it look like celestial gold
Similar to this love I have for you
Holy, pure, but never to be told.

The sunbeams drop on every corner of the world
To the most unfathomable depths of the sea,
Yet they always fail to touch my heart
For the only one who could do that has always been you.

5:56pm
Twilight

It's that time when almost everybody falls in love
As the sun that leaves us with darkness
And eventually comes back to us to bring us joy again
And repeats its cycle every day.

But I still don’t get it.
I never thought you could feel the same way twice.
So why do sunsets make me feel the same way
Every single day, time and time again.

I guess it's like how I feel whenever I'm with you,
But all of those are mere memories now.
We had so much to remember
Yet every time I try to think of it, it just hurts.

11:11pm
Whim

All the memories you want to relive,
All the reasons for you to smile,
The moments that remind you of times you were mistaken,
And the things that made you have regrets.

All those moments we were together,
and the promises we said were for forever
and yet here I am with so many regrets,
and if I say so myself, nearly broken.

1:01am
Night

I love this silent hour at night
For blissful dreams may then come to my mind
Where there is only you in sight,
The one I've been longing to see since I woke up

But I need to get some sleep
To escape for a little while
From the thought of everything,
The pain I keep on feeling,
and all the late-night thoughts that haunt me.

And as the darkness sinks in,
It's calling me to sleep.
and so ends a tiring day.

Good night.
And may the stars guide you to our mornings once again.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: