collaboration,

Literary: Our Seasons

10/16/2015 08:38:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



Summer

I was the sky, and the clouds filled my head
Too blue was I, I bled with dread
Yet the sun arrived, he walked with light
My very soul lit up with him burning bright

I swore that we may face whatever weather
For no storm or tide is stronger than us together
The days grew longer and the nights passed by
We shone together, as the sun loved the sky

Fall

Suddenly, like the dry leaves on an autumn day
I was eager to fall, to finally stay
I lie on the ground, near the tree
Only to see him pass right by me

I watched as the branches turned into veins
She falls and nothing remains
Knowing it was her, it came to me
I turned into a fool she never wants to see

Winter

Snow, I must’ve been
Seeing me would have made you grin
But now towards you, numb is what I feel
Since I had too much of what now is real

You were filled with every color of the sky
Seeing you pale makes me ask why
Well, now, as you can see
It seems the cold bothered me

Spring

We are not as we once were
It was too much, such a stir, such a blur
The wind was too strong for us petals in the breeze
Yet we’ve been guided back for a chance to appease

I found myself drifting ruefully alone
I see flowers, amazing how they’ve bloomed and grown
Too stupid to say this before everything changed
But nevertheless, the sun loves the sky and that remains unchanged

You Might Also Like

0 comments: