collaboration,

Literary: Dear Modesty

10/16/2015 07:56:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



You used to...

Tie your hair neatly,
Wear flowing skirts and long-sleeved shirts,
Walk gracefully,
Cover your smile when you giggle,
And speak so demurely.
Because of these I was intrigued.
Your reservations made me want to know more about you,
To see that smile behind the fan,
And to hold you by your hand.
Slowly, I fell for you.

But now...

Look.
What happened to you? The way you look doesn’t seem right.
You have changed.
No more ribbons in your hair
Your dresses are much shorter than before
You do anything you want without being ashamed.
Seems like you have lost all care
You can't be tamed,
Your innocence has waned.

But still...

I lost you to this day and age.
I understand you know much,
But don't lose that coyness.
Know your worth.
Act right; look right.
You can still be attractive
Without being aggressive
And always remember
You are not easy,
You will always be my fair lady.

Love,
Chivalry

You Might Also Like

0 comments: