collaboration,

Literary: Band

10/16/2015 08:50:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments


"To join, to unite"

Lead
Alone, I play the melody
Making riffs without company
With no reverb, no distortion
No arpeggio to my passion

Rhythm
And then comes my harmony
Strumming my heartstrings steadily
Her every chord keeps me in time
With this loud, musical rhyme

Bass
I hear a deep thumping
A beat that sends my blood rushing
Pluck, tap, slap, pop
My booming heartbeat just won't stop

Drums
Loud clashing and clanging
All this crashing and rolling
Dampens your accompaniment
And makes me wonder where it all went

Vocals
We keep playing, but somehow it all goes silent
You come up to the mic with a sly little smile
You turn to me, eyes glistening with sincerity
And with these three words: “I love you”
You have turned my silly tune into a heartfelt song

You Might Also Like

0 comments: