english,

Literary (Submission): Unless

8/12/2015 07:54:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



My stomach’s aching
My mind’s losing it
Should I ignore this feeling?
Or should I fancy it?

“Unless it’s real, I won't let it show.”

When she passes by, I say hello
I smile at her; she smiles at me,
But behind my smile she must never know
The pain of preventing this feeling from being set free.

“Unless she's worth it, I won't let her know.”

One time, a romantic song was played for us
Not once did our eyes meet
For now, the mind is the only thing I can trust
It says to accept defeat

“Unless you say otherwise, I won't let it grow.”

Little by little I discreetly avoided her
Looked left and right, below and above
Until I realized what I felt and where I was—
I was avoiding the person I love

“Unless you put a stop to it, I will let it flow.”

I think it’s time
The sun, moon, and stars are in position
All I need is her to join my climb
And that's going to be her decision

"Unless you tell me to, I won’t let you go.”

You Might Also Like

0 comments: