english,

Literary: You in Everything I Hear

7/23/2015 07:56:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



The nights when the rain harmoniously sings to me
Became the nights when I realize and see
That this liquid state of matter was there for me
And not you, who I asked to be

The days when I wake up and hear
My alarm which we both solemnly fear
I wake up wishing to receive a text from you
But it seems like everyday’s going to start out blue

At noon when the bell rings for lunch
I’m alone with the company of our magic conch
With all of these people around me, I would still
Choose to be with you even if I had to climb a hill

Going home, waiting for the sun to set
I heard your laughter and started to fret
“How can you be that happy?”
“How can you even bear living without me?”

Lying in bed, I find myself humming
The track we never get tired of listening
But then I realize that for too long
I was the only one who knew the song

You Might Also Like

0 comments: