english,

Literary: New Chapter

7/09/2015 07:31:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



We were always in a secret place; shared food and stories,
Talked about our days and some funny old memories,
Cried over failures and comforted each other,
Acted like we were the sibling of the other

And then there was no more talking.
I began concluding, worrying, overthinking.
I thought I had a problem or made a mistake;
Our friendship was about to totally break.

But all of these things happened last year,
I need to move on and to make things clear.
So I hesitantly approached this friend,
Hoping that this anxiety would end.

We talked like acquaintances do,
Like nothing happened and time just flew.
I didn’t get to say what I want to say.
But it’s alright, I’ll just carry on and call it a day.

With this all said, I’ll leave the past behind me
And look at the future ahead of me.
Forget the old and start a new chapter,
One full of hope, happiness, and laughter.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: