english,

Sports: UPIS VST members to represent the Philippines in international competitions

3/02/2015 07:28:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments

Drew Benett Magbag of 9-Silver and Pricila Loren Aquino of 10-Lauan, members of the UPIS Varsity Swimming Team (UPIS VST) will be participating in international swimming competitions this year.

Magbag was timed 1:10 in the 100m breaststroke in the Philippine Swimming League. His impressive finish became his ticket to entering the Indian Ocean All Star Challenge to be held in Australia in April.

On the other hand, Aquino’s 2:32 time in the 200m Individual Medley qualified her for the July World University Games in South Korea.

Together with other Filipino representatives, they will be competing against well-known swimmers around the world.

With high hopes, Magbag promised, “I will do my best and try to bring home the bacon,” while Aquino said, “I will try my best for the Philippines. (I will give my) full effort.” / by Patricia Enriquez and Quiela Salazar

You Might Also Like

0 comments: